Tuesday 12 April 2022

INSPIRATION | PAPER TO DIGI SCRAPLIFT

 

Hello, Cheryl here with an Inspiration Post. I'm going to lift a paper layout - one of my own.  I created this paper layout in 2009 and still have the photograph, so I'll be using it again.  Before I get started, I'm using PSE 2018 and the Pink Reptile Designs "Captivated" Collection.  You can buy the bundle and other purchasing options at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

Here's the paper layout that I'm going to be lifting. I used to love to distress the edges of paper, so I'm going to show you how to "distress" an edge, using Photoshop Elements.  

 (I also distressed the edges of this photo, but I'll show you how to do that in another tutorial.  I'm not going to do that today.)



Here's my finished (digital) layout with a distressed edge.


Let's get started with our distressing.  I'm using Pink Reptile Designs "Captivated".  For my distressed edge paper - PP 01:


Here's the easiest way to find the "cookie cutter tool":  #1 - Click on the Crop Tool, #2 - click on Tool Options, #3 click on Cookie Cutter Tool.


Click on The Cookie Cutter Tool, then on the menu, choose "Crop Shapes"


I'm using #11 in the square shapes - they look like clipping masks. I used #11. Double-click on #11.


Drag your mouse into a square on your paper. This is what it looks like until you release the mouse.


When you release the mouse, your paper looks like this - on a transparent background. With your move tool, pull the edges of the shape to the edges of the transparent layer and click on "commit" or "ok". Now, put whatever drop shadows, etc. that you like - you can even put a slight bevel on the edges. (You can also play with the edges after you get this layer on the paper background
layer.)
Start a new document. Pull your distressed paper onto the background paper. You'll need to work with it a bit. I'm using Captivated 07A as my background.
 

I cut two circles out of two different pieces of Captivated patterned paper- 04 and 07A: Pull them onto your background papers and then add the photo. I added a white stroke around the photo and don't forget to shadow on all.


Now, you're ready to complete your layout. I used a lot of circles on my paper layout, but replicated them with flowers, flairs, and other round elements. I topped the page off with word art.


I hope you've learned a new technique with my tutorial. I'm assuming everybody knows how to cut a circle out of paper, but if you don't, you can leave a message in our "Ask The Pink Ladies" forum at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

Until next time,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment