Tuesday 6 April 2021

INSPIRATION TUTORIAL | PAPER STRIPS

 

Hi everyone!!

One of my favorite techniques to play with is using lots of paper strips on the page. I see this often in paper layouts, but this is something that can be emulated in digital scrapbooking with layering and custom shadows.

When creating a layout with lots of paper strips, I start out by opening a 12x12 sized document in Photoshop and creating a lot of layered rectangular strips using the rectangle tool. I do this using two different colors so that I can see the different strips easily. I vary the sizes and thickness of the various strips and layer them.

After placing all of the paper strips, I apply a drop shadow style to them. I selected all of the layers and clicked on a layered paper drop shadow style.

Next, I clip lots of patterned and solid colored papers to the paper strips. For this layout, I used papers from Brightsiding. This was a perfect kit because of all of the bright colors. There were lots of fun patterned papers included that I loved clipping to the paper strips!!


I added two photos, one in color and one in black and white, above the paper strips and added a drop shadow to the photos.

Now comes the fun of adding finishing touches by going through all the fun elements (also from Brightsiding). I decided to add a cluster of layouts where two photos meet and a smaller cluster of elements by the title. I also went through the elements and added every washi tape and paper strip or torn paper element that was included and nested these among the paper strips already on the layout.


The last step here was to add custom shadows to each of the paper strips to help them stand out a little more!

Here is my finished layout with lots of fun paper strips!!


This is a fun way to make a bright and colorful layout using lots of patterned papers! I hope you'll give it a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment