Wednesday 25 December 2019

HYBRID | CHRISTMAS WRAPPING


For Christmas I love creating beautiful and original packagings and wrappings for my gifts.
I spend a lot of time on pinterest to find inspiration.

This year, one of my gifts will be decorated with Pink Reptile papers like a patchwork.
I love the last christmas collection from Pink Reptile Designs titled Silent Night. My favorite pattern is the deer head.

I used scrap paper from my last hybrid project to decorate the kraft paper gift wrapping. I use a lot of kraft paper to wrap my gifts, because this colour is perfect to combine with other colours and/or Christmas decorations.

I picked 4 scraps of paper from my scrap paper pile and arranged them on top of the base wrapping to visualize the result.


Then, I re-cut them to harmonize their size/dimensions

I glued them on the top of my gift.



I cut a flake-shaped cut with a die and my cutting machine (cuttlebug), to create the center decoration.

I tied a bolduc ribbon around the package and passed it through the holes of the flake.



The package is almost finished.



I added a cluster of elements from Silent Night to hide the knot and to finish the decoration of my gift.



I made a second gift decorated with Pink Reptile Designs products.
Again using printed elements from Silent Night.

The gift is a book and I wrapped it with a kraft paper.
Then I cut out a printed pine branch and I added it to my gift. The branch is held with a small wooden peg.


On the peg I glued a cute little printed gingerbread man for decoration.



This decoration is C&S but really effective, isn't it ?

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment