Tuesday 25 October 2016

PRETTY PAGES FROM THE PINK REPTILE GALLERY | by JENN

Hello, Jenn here with the daunting task of highlighting just three pages from the gallery for this month. This is never an easy thing to accomplish!

My first pick is this gorgeous page by Rikki, titled, Genuine article. The title alone is so lovely and really drew me in for a closer peek. Rikki's page is a scrap lift of one of Mirjam's and she reworked the composition and elements in such a creative way. I love how she used overlapping pieces of paper in a criss-cross manner in place of the twine that Mirjam used on her original page. Such a neat way to make her version her own! The soft subdued color scheme really looks lovely with the soft B&W processing too! All around beautiful page!

http://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/genuine-article.268914/

My second pick is by jwalls39, titled, Touch of Color. What stands out most to me is the composition. I adore the text paper on the left edge paired with the gingham ribbon border. It's such a pretty way to divide up the page and provides a beautiful space for the sweet photo of the young ladies. The journaling divided on top and below the photo is also a great touch. I love that she adds exactly three things in that soft blue : the ribbon, the framing on the photo, and the flower. Groups of three are also so visually appealing! Really lovely page!

http://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/touch-of-color-oct-random-challenge.269343/

My final pick for today is by djp332. I love the page's content : an actor playing the role of a nurse in a film! How cool is that?! She provides a really cool B&W photo and a color photo complete with the Clapperboard (and yes, I had to google what it is even called!). The page has adorable elements like bandaids, and subtle brushwork and even a QR code. I love the lines created with the different intersecting pattern papers and how the thin strip has the journaling written on it. So good and just amazing story telling here!

http://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/october-2017-style-challenge.269819/

That's it for this month's Pretty Pages. I hope you all continue to share your PRD pages in the PRD gallery ... you could be the next featured page artist. We just love to see what you create with Pink Retile Design's products!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for featuring my page! I am totally thrilled. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete