Only 2 days ago I baked a batch and filled this jar and only slightly ashamed I am telling you that we just ate the last 4!
If you dare and want to give these a try then here's what you need and how you make them.
175 gram flour
175 gram butter
30 gram cornstarch
150 gram granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons rasped lemon peel [make sure you don't rasp the white of the peel because it tastes bitter]
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice [I squeeze it from the lemon I rasped]
half a teaspoon baking powder
quarter teaspoon salt
half a teaspoon vanilla extract
how to make:
- [with a kitchen machine or regular mixer using the dough hooks] mix the cornstarch, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon rasp en butter cut to cubes and mix it until you have a crumbly substance [I use my hands in this fase]
- Mix the egg yolk, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a small cup and then add it to the crumbly dough. Keep squeezing [or mixing] until you have a coherent dough.
- Roll the dough into small rolls of approximately 25cm in lenght and a diameter of around 2cm. Wrap these in foil and put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Get rid of the foil, cut the rolls into small slices of approximately 7mm and put them with a cm in between cookies on an oven plate that you covered with baking paper
- Bake the cookies until they are slightly brown, which is after 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down on a grid.
Then hide them somewhere safe or they will gone before you got a change to taste them yourself!