To give you an idea of it's taste....
The chicken fillet is stuffed with homemade sundried tomato tapenade, breaded with parmesan cheese and fresh cut parsley and then roasted in the oven with fresh tomatoes. It's just oozing with flavours and it's so yummilicious tender and moist!
An idea of what it looks like...
And this is how it's made...
For the tapenade you need:
- approximately 100 grams of sundried tomatoes
- 2 tblsp of ground parmesan cheese
- 2 tblsp of pine nuts
- small hand of fresh basil
- small or half a clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
Chop all the ingredients with a hand blender to a tapenade
* If you have some tapenade left you can keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for a few days. Just make sure you poor some extra olive oil over it!
For the chicken you need [for 2 people]:
- 2 chicken fillets
- 1 scrambled egg [scramble the egg in a large enough bowl that you can dip the chicken in it]
- a small hand full of bread crumb [home made or from the store]
- a small hand fullof ground parmesan cheese
- 2 tblsp of fresh cut parsley
- 30 grams of real butter
- 150 grams of cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- and of course your homemade tomato tapenade
Cut the chicken fillets in half but NOT al the way through so you can fold them open like a book. Cover with a nice layer of tapenade and fold back together. You can use a toothpick to keep both sides together but mine just stuck together nicely and so will yours probably.
Mix the bread crumb with the cheese and parsely in a bowl.
Dip the chicken in the scrambled egg and then carefully sink it in the bread crumb mixture. Flip it around until it is completely coated.
Put the coated chicken fillets in a baking dish and sprinkle with some leftover bread crumb mixture if necessary. Wait! Don't put it in the oven just yet. There's one more thing that needs to be done first.
Melt the butter in a pan and poor it evenly over the fillets.
Now it's time to put the dish in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes add the tomatoes on the sides of the fillets and in between.
Add a little salt and pepper and slide back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Then it's ready to serve!
Lovely with baked or roasted potatoes and green beans or a nice salad!