Tuesday 22 November 2022

HYBRID | ADVENT MAILBOX CALENDAR

 

Hello everyone! Géraldine here with a new hybrid post and this one is all about getting ready for Christmas.

I love Christmas and each year I create an advent calendar for my children. They grow up so quickly but they still love to open and discover gifts every day.

This year I created a mailbox from cardstock and papers, in which I slipped 24 small envelopes containing an inscription which corresponds with the gift for that day.

The mailbox and envelopes are created with papers and elements from Autumn Trails by Pink Reptile Designs & Studio Basic.

As always the first step is to print everything.


Then I created the structure for the mailbox with a bit of cardstock (cereal box). I glued paper on the two sides and created a door.



Then I decorated the door and both sides of the mail box.


The locking system is very simple. I glued two small wooden clothes pegs that hold a label. One on top of the mailbox and ther on the door. By pressing the peg on the top of the letterbox it releases the paper tag and subsequently opens the door.



I made 24 envelopes that I decorated with printed elements : Brads, flags, tape, etcetera.....


And my advent calendar is ready. I can't wait for December 1st to arrive!

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made :)

No comments:

Post a Comment