Tuesday 20 November 2018

HYBRID | ADVENT CALENDAR


It's time to prepare for Christmas ! For me, the first step is the creation of an advent calendar.

I received an order in a box and I decided to recycle it and use it for my advent calendar.



I love recycling daily objects and give them a second life !

My son chose red, orange and blue colors from Pure & Simple | Papers and Tales of Spring | Papers. My daughter chose blue and pink colors from Tales of Spring | Papers.

I cut 24 squares



And I folded them to create small envelopes. I chose this format because they remind me of letters for Santa Claus. Each day my kids will open an envelope to discover their gift.



It's just a matter of patience !



On each envelope I glued a number from Countdown To Christmas | Elements. I use them each year, they are perfect for Daily December or like in this case an Advent Calendar.





Then, I glued each envelope inside my box.



My sons advent calendar is done !




As you can see I slid a piece of paper in each of the envelopes. That little piece of apper reveals what the gift is. For example: Day one is a DVD



I prepare for the calendar all year round by gathering fun stuff and small toys from the flea markets.

The day after, I created my daughter's advent calendar:





To fnish, I decorated the cover of the box:



I choose a minimalist style: one wood element, one snowflake cut from blue paper from Tales of Spring | Papers, and a stamp printed from  Ho Ho Holidays | Wordart.

Now with bith calendars finished, I can't wait for december 1st !

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment