Tuesday 6 December 2016

TUTORIAL | TAG TRANSFORMATION

Hi Everyone! I'm here to stretch your stash and teach you how to Transform your Tags! This is Jenn, jk703, and I'm super happy to share this simple technique to make items you already have work for you and your layouts.


Most kits come with tabs, tags, word art, and many little tid bits. What if you could transform them so that no matter what was on them, you could use them for your layout? Here is one way of doing this, since as you are well aware, Photoshop seems to have oodles of ways to complete the same task!

Here are the tags that I am going to transform - they are from The Sparkly Season, and It's Not Black and White. By the way... these two kits could make magical layouts together! :P


First, select to use the Magic Wand tool from the Tools Palette. Also, press D so that the foreground color is black, and the background color is white.


You will then choose the tag that you are working with from the Layers Palette. Use the Magic Wand, and click on the white part of the tag. For this particular tag, I had to get up close to get all the black too. Once I had the whole shape, it had marching any like this:


Next, you will click on the little Post It note look alike on the bottom of the Layers Palette. This will add a layer above the tag.

Here is my Layers Palette:


Next, choose the new layer and then hit Command + Delete. This will fill the layer with white, the background color.


Here is my Layers Palette:


Next, just bring in a pretty pattern that you want to clip to the white mask of the tag. I chose the krafty tree paper for this tag.


This one has a floral paper clipped o the inner part of the tag.


Here, I've used a checkered pattern to fill out the while section of this tag.


All of the pretty little tags together! Cute, and the simple steps totally change how the tags can be used.


Here is my layout, where I changed the wired tag to the floral paper, and the date tag with a faint dotted paper. This layout uses The Sparkly Season and It's Not All Black and White, plus a template from Scrapping with Liz's DYD 2016 Album.


Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoyed the technique I shared. :)
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment