Tuesday 17 September 2013

my blog banner

Just wanted to share todays musings with you guys.
Some of you may have noticed that I changed my newsletter image [the one with the doodled girlie] and replaced it with a more clean and simple icon and also added links to my pinterest boards, facebook page and google+ account. I made a new blog banner too, this was more then 3 months ago, but when I installed it it looked all pixelated and I changed it back to how it was and put it back on my long, long list of things to do where it got shoved back to the bottom time and time again.
The funny thing is that just this morning someone posted a reply to the challenge post making a remark about the photo in my current header, asking me if I liked having that particular photo of me at the top of my blog. The answer to the question would have to be that I, of course, liked it at the time I made that banner, which is way over a year ago. I wanted to show the face and person behind Pink Reptile Designs but at the same time stay a little anonymous and not too recognizable. Right now I still think it's a fun photo, because I know the story behind it and that makes it special to me and puts a smile on my face everytime I see it BUT the banner as a whole I do not like anymore. I have seen it too many times and I want something fresh, something new.

So to make a long story short. I am working on it!
There's still that huge to do list however and I have to make choices with the free time that I have so I am debating weather I am going to have the same banner as the one on my FB page which I like a lot and will save me time... or to make something new. I guess we'll see what happens. Or not. LOL

I do want to thank the person who wrote that reply for paying attention to the details of my page. I do my best to make it all look good so I am thrilled to discover people notice them! I am sorry that I deleted your remark but the reason I did that is that I didn't want to take the chance of a discussion on that photo under the challenge post where people need to post links to their challenge layouts. It would be too hard to find what I need at the end of the challenge.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment