Tuesday 28 April 2020

PRETTY PAGES by KAREN


Hi Everyone,
I hope this finds you well and keeping your sanity during this uncertain time. I feel lucky that our craft allows us to document these times – from empty shelves to full houses! I find myself taking photos of the most inane things just to remember how the small items in normal times take on a greater significance in this pandemic (toilet paper anyone?)

Time for a bit of appreciation therapy – love browsing the galleries at the moment – all so interesting! I have not chosen any distancing pages yet but I suspect next month will be a different matter...

Firstly Typically You absolutely caught my eye immediately, with the colours, patterns and photo treatments making it a work of art! @RJMJ has taken this month’s template by Dalis and certainly made it her own! How glorious is this? I love the word art – note that the sticker title gives the page a sharpness that draws the eye – without that focus, the page would lose some of its appeal.

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/pink-reptile-designs-april-2020-template-challenge-typically-you.431874/

Next we have @Thuria with her beautiful page – Nostalgia. Such a lovely soft page! The background stamp compliments the clusters, making a pleasing shape that highlights the photo. The pattened background paper adds texture without overwhelming the main cluster.

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/nostalgia.431798/

Lastly we have one that I suspect you will all fall in love with – who can resist a giraffe? @cherylndesign is lucky enough o have a very talented photographer in her family who captured this amazing shot and Cheryl has scrapped it perfectly! The lovely painted background absolutely highlights the b&w photo and I love, love the pure white background that makes the whole page pop! Spectacular!

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/april-prd-challenge.431179/ 
Stay safe everyone, don’t forget to think of others and leave some love in the gallery!
Hugs xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi There Karen...I Already Tagged You In The Forum & Expressed My Thanks!...It Means So Much To Me To Be Featured & To Be Recognized By My Peers!...Hearts & A Heartfelt Thanks To You For Choosing One Of My Pages!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Karen - thank you SOOOOO much!! Yes, I have a granddaughter who's extremely talented!! I'm speechless!!

    ReplyDelete