Tuesday 24 March 2020

HYBRID | DECORATED PHOTO BOX

In todays's post I want to show you my latest hybrid project. It's a decorated box.

Last Christmas, I received a box of sugar coated chestnuts as a gift. Of course I ate the chestnuts very quickly but I kept the box thinking it could use this for a future DIY project and here we are!


The last collection of Pink Reptile Designs titled "Room With View" has colors that coordinate perfectly with the kraft color of my box. it was this collection that inspired me to make this decorated 3D photo box.

As usual, I started with the printing of papers and elements. and cutting them all to size and shape. I don't think you need to see how that looks right? ;)

Then for the box....



Inside the box I added a piece of string between the two sides, making a knot on one side.




On the other side I fixated the string with a piece of masking tape and that same tape was stuck over the knot to make it look prettier.




 Once the string was in place, I hung a picture on it with a small wooden clothes pin


I decorated the other part of the box.


Added a metal leaf decoration (it's an accessory used for the creation of jewelry) and I finished the cluster by adding a butterfly.


And that's it! This is how my finished photo box looks all finished.




As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment