Tuesday 14 January 2020

INSPIRATION | CUT OUT SHAPES & TYPE


Hi everybody,

when I was getting lost on Pinterest the other day (happens a lot with me) I stumbled upon this paper layout and immediately wanted to recreate it. It looks pretty simple, yet so effective with the words in different fonts and the cutout shape.

I found a few more pages that are equally stunning (all with heart shapes)....

Playing with shapes and type, what's not to like, right?

For the words I used the last paragraph from a short story by Alberto Moravia called "L'evasione" and mixed them with some stamps by Mirjam. Only a few more elements, a frame and I was done. The sea features heavily in the story, so I wanted to use a photo with boats. That it had a Carabinieri boat in it is lucky (in the story a guy gets arrested at sea at the end). Since I used a proper text (and a good one, too) and not only words I didn't want to make it too complicated, but one could layer words and play way more. I will definitely do that next time.


This won't be the last page I made using shapes and type in that way. Stay tuned, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment