Tuesday 10 December 2019

INSPIRATION | SCATTER SAVVY

As usual today's inspiration blog post is brought to you by Pinterest! I can't get enough of the inspirational paper layouts I see on Pinterest and want to TRY ALL THE THINGS!

But I'll just stick to one for now! Today I thought I'd share some paper pages that caught my eye. They all use scatters ... or tiny elements ... in beautiful ways. So often I use a scatter of beads or sequins as a final touch on my pages. But these scrappers have me considering changing my ways.

This first page, by Stefanie Ried, uses a scattering of paper hearts to fill the entire white space of her page design. It has such a pretty soft look to it and the pastel, ombre colors are so beautiful. Love the variation of heart sizes too! So neat!

This next page, by Bea Valint, goes way beyond the "scatters as a finishing touch" idea! The sweet little scattering of bright paper flowers is a big part of the design composition and takes the page from pretty to WOW! I love this page so much and really want to try this idea very soon!

The last example for today is this page by SteffiandAnni, and it is just so sweet and feminine that I had to try it out. I love the way the scatters frame the photo and journaling. This look is so easy to pull off too. Just add your photo to the center of the page and grab some tiny scatterings of things - paper, dimensional, stamps (it all works!) and frame the photo with your tiny embellishments.
That's it!

If you have puppet warp - it's under the Edit menu in Photoshop - you can easily take a pre made scatter and move the individual pieces around to where you want them. I did this with the hearts and it made the process so much easier than adding a ton of separate hearts. When working with scatters, Puppet Warp is definitely your friend!

Here's my page with this idea:

What do you think? Tempted to try to work with scatters and tiny embellishments in a new way on one of your future pages soon? If so ... we'd love to see what you make! Thanks for looking and happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment