Tuesday 20 February 2018

HYBRID | USING TEMPLATES


I rarely use templates but I love to get inspired by them.

In January Pink Reptile Designs created these 4 templates. Let me show you how I used one of these to make a paper page.

http://the-lilypad.com/store/Brand-New-Year-Templates.html

I used one of them [n°2 with the bird] to create a hybrid page. You will see it's very simple and quick and the result is beautiful !

I used all products from Brand New Year: templates, papers and elements.
I picked wjhat I wanted to use and printed everything:



My son was on the right side in this photo so I decided to flip the template so I could put in on the right side of my page instead of the orginal left.

I cut two squares in two different papers and glued them under my photo :



Then I added the label under my photo :



I added the other pieces of paper to complete the template.





Above is my page at this point and here's the template. As you can see they are a mirror image.



Then I stamped with black ink, a french text stamp.





I completed my page with die cut leaves, cut with my cuttlebug machine from an orange paper.
I slid leaves under my photo.



I glued the cloud element from Brand New Year and another leaves cut



To finished my page, I added a printed star brad



And it's finished !



Templates are helpful tool when we have little inspiration or when we have limited time to scrap ^^

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment