Tuesday 22 December 2015

HYBRID | CHRISTMAS WREATH


For this December month, the month of Christmas, I thought it would be fun to make a hybrid wreath that I could hang from our living room door so it could add to the homely feel of Christmas an family gatherings. So that is the project I want to show you.

For me this wreath has a special touch because it was created by four hands! My own two did all the paper cutting and sticking everything together but it was Mirjam's hands that made the crochet elements. She sent them to me and I think they add a great sense of depth and extra dimension.


The first thing I did was print a bunch of elements from Counting the days and Countdown to Christmas. Then I got some green cardstock papers and a white one from my stash.


In the next step I traced a big and a small plate so I have two circles that create my wreath and then cut it.


Then I covered my wreath with one of the green papers and from another green paper I cut several leave patterns. As usual I used my cuttlebug for the leaves.


I cut leaves in two differents colors to add contrast and depth. As you can see I put two clusters of leaves on my wreath.


Then I decorated each cluster by adding printed elements from Pink Reptile Designs'element packs.



I didn't want to leave the center of my wreath bare so I livened it up with a gingerbread man element that is hanging from a piece of nylon string.


And to finish it all up, I added the wonderful crochet elements that Mirjam sent me!
They were perfect to complete and finish my project !




Now, I can't wait for christmas to come!!

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made! 

Wishing you and your family Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment