Tuesday 23 September 2014

GOTTA MAKE, GOTTA HAVE, GOTTA GIVE HYBRID NOTEBOOK

Just as I leave work a great idea for a kit pops up in my mind. I rummage around in my bag to finally find an old receipt and a pen so I can scribble it down. I know...I really need a small notebook for this sort of thing. I just can't find a cute one that is just the right size!

I bet you can understandI had sort of a eureka moment when GĂ©raldine showed me her latest hybrid project! Now why didn't I think of that?!

Hello everyone! I am here to show and tell you how you can make your own customized little notebook. If you decide, like me, to make it from scratch [as I will tell you how to do] you can give it any shape, size or form and add as little or as many elements as your heart desires.

You could also buy a notebook or a diary and customize it by adhering your digitally created, printed out covers. It's easy !

HYBRID NOTEBOOK HOW TO

  1. I digitally created 2 cover designs, front and back, inside and outside, each with a different cluster.
  2. When I liked the way everything looked I printed all 4 of them on white cardstock. 
  3. To thicken the covers and add a bit of firmness to my notebook, I cut 2 cardboard squares from a cereal box and glued my cardstock covers onto them. I made my album a 13 by 13cm square but this can be anything you want really.
  4. Then I cut a bunch of plain papers to size and placed those in between my covers. These are the filler papers, the ones you scribble your notes on. Again you can use anything you like here from, printer paper to ledger, cardstock, old maps, wrapping paper you name it!
  5. I thought the notebook still needed a little finishing touch so I added bits and pieces of cork to give it that extra little oomph.
  6. Finally I used my Bind It All machine to punch holes and bind my book. You could of course also make holes and tie the book together with some pretty ribbons or you could use binder rings. 

Front Cover [kits used: Take Note and Wrap 'n Roll]


Front Cover inside [kits used: Lucky in Love, Take Note, About and More Than Words]


Back Cover [kits used: Lucky in Love, Love The Life You Live and Word Up!]


Back Cover inside [kits used: Take Note]

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you to make your own notebook then by all means make a photo and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

1 comment:

  1. These are super-cute! I am in love with note books! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete