Tuesday 19 August 2014

TINY TRAVEL ALBUM IN A BOX | SUPER CUTE AND EASY

As the vacation period is coming to an end it might be just the right time to play with those pics that best represent your summer! What better way than to make a cute mini album you can carry around in your purse so you have it at the ready to show your friends and collegues back at work!


Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed your vacation as much as my family and I did! We did so many fun things that the family album grew 3 inches! As you can imagine I needed a little something more compact to show just the highlights to my collegues at work!

I found my inspiration via Pinterest on the Camille Styles Blog where they featured the cutest little accordeon travel album in a box!



I decided to use only two colors for this project : kraft and blue. Kraft because my pictures were in brown tone and blue because I love blue combined with kraft and on top of that... I wanted to use this beautiful ribbon I got! ^^

Here's how I made it.

I cut a paper strip [30.5 x 5 cm] and folded it in 6 pieces [5 by 5 cm each] to create an accordeon. The last part [0.5 cm] was used to fasten the accordeon at the box's bottom [for this you can use a piece of tape or you could glue it to the bottom].


Then, I cut the box and the box's top. Here's what the cutout box looks like.


Before I put the box together I printed a paper from the Drawn To You Paper Pack by Pink Reptile Designs and glued it on top of the cutout box and then cut it to shape also.


Now I was ready to glue my box together.


I didn't cover the box's top but to decorate it I wrapped a ribbon all around it and finished it with a beautiful bow. Then I glued a square of the same patterned paper in top as the one I used inside the box.


Finally I printed 6 photos of 5 by 5 cm each, glued those on the accordeon, stuck that to the bottom and voìla...my album was finished!

It's a very simple album to create and loads of fun! I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you to make ine yourself then by all means make a photo and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

3 comments:

  1. This is sooooooo adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I've been looking for a cool gift accordion album idea, but haven't found anything until your post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete