Saturday 24 March 2012

pink lady spotlight: meet Barbara

It's about time I put another one of the Pink Ladies in the spotlight! This time we are zooming in on Barbara who has been on the team for quite some time!!!

Meet Pink Lady Barbara
1. How and when did you start digital scrapbooking?
June of 2008, when an online friend over at 2peas kept asking me to give it a try. I have to admit that I kept putting it off by telling her that I just love the feel of paper and all the products in my hands. But seeing all the digital layouts were so inspiring! Gave it a try and once I did I was in love! I still do scrapbook with paper and a lot of times I do hybrid and that is fun also!

2. How and when did you end up in a CT/ CT’s
The first time I ended up on a CT was for Zig Zag Scrap as an Enabler. They had a job opening on their blog for one. Never even heard of it. So I left a comment just asking what it was. The response telling me what it was and I have the job if I want it. Took it not even knowing what it was. My first CT for creating layouts was for Pink Reptile Designs you were just starting out as a designer.

3. How long have you been on my CT?
How long have you been designing? LOL

4. What software do you use? What type of camera
I use PhotoShop Elements 8. I would just love to get a good camera, but for now I just have a small Sony point and shoot type of camera. I take a lot of my pictures also with my phone send them off to my e-mail and just process them. I find I capture a lot of ‘moment’ with that better. I’d also love to have an Iphone for that reason. But I’m so behind on the Electronic scene that I just make do with what I have.

5. How would you describe your style?
I like to think I’m eclectic, but I find I mostly turn to the clean simple white space type of scrap booking. That is where I’m at my happiest.

credits: Booked for Life by Pink reptile Designs

 6. What is your favourite scrapbooking item, something you turn too again and again?
What I can use for an attachment. Buttons!! Staples!! Stiches!!


7. What is your favourite Pink Reptile product and why?
Sweet Promise! This kit is has everything I love in it. Attachments, a mask and foliage for texture/depth on my layout. Also woodgrain paper which is a downfall for me. Woodgrain, Yum!


8. Just for fun… tell us all about a quirky habit of yours!
I have a certain way that I load the dishwasher….. To the point of if someone else is loading I will go and re-do it the correct way. LOL.

9. Name 5 things that you can touch RIGHT NOW from where you are sitting, no cheating!
My Camera,  my son’s banking checks, the dog’s leash, the phone, pizza coupons

10. Silliest thing you have ever done…
Oh boy………Once on my summer vacation at our family cottage. It was so HOT both me and my mom could not sleep so we walked down to the beach took off our pajamas and went skinny dipping. If you have ever been in Lake Superior, you will know how good that felt! The average temperatures for Lake Superior in August only get up to 55°!

11. Can you give us a tip on digital scrapbooking?
To save room where you save your scrapbooking kits. Open any new kit you buy and take the time to delete, YES DELETE, any product that you know you will NEVER use within that kit. Why have it sitting there if you know you don’t like it! Next tip on scrapbooking is learning how to do shadows. I believe we are all still learning and evolving as we create each layout. But it took me forever to learn shadows. And what a difference! There are so many free lessons out there. Also just on line friends who are willing to help out. That is one of the reasons I LOVE the digital scrapookers they are so friendly and willing to help anyone! Another tip that helped me with shadows is if an element comes in a kit with a shadow attached, check out what that shadow is set at. You can then play on your own to get that same look or getting it to where you like it with the same un-shadowed element.

Thanks for these fantastic tips an for telling us a bit about yourself  and for braving it in the spotlight and giving us a chance to getting to know you!

3 comments:

  1. Barbara you're so talented, it's ridiculous and I am so lucky to have the pleasure of "knowing" you! you are fabulous!
    xo,
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview Barbara!! You are indeed very talented and I wished that I could scrap like you do, so clean and simple!!! And about your dishwasher...I am totally the same, nobody touches my dishes LOL

    xx Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete