Tuesday 7 June 2022

TUTORIAL | RECOLORING PART 1

 


Hello scrappers!  CT Member Cheryl here to bring you today's tutorial.  We've had requests to do some recoloring techniques, so we decided to break the recoloring tutorials into two parts.  Today, I'm going to show you how I do my recoloring.  CT Member Esther will do a tutorial for part two at a later date.  I'm going to let her get into the gradient and other cool techniques.  Let's get started, okay?  I'm using Photoshop 2018, by the way.

I quite frequently change the colors of stitches and string - they're normally black, but not always.  I'm going to be showing you how I recolor elements today and I'm using elements from Pink Reptile Designs Just Be Happy.  Here's how I change black string to white.


1.  Click on ENHANCE:


2. Click on ADJUST COLOR:

Here's a black background showing the messy string and some stitches that I recolored.


3. Click on ADJUST HUE/SATURATION:


4. Here's what the ADJUST HUE/SATURATION BOX LOOKS LIKE:


5. Move the bottom slider all the way over to white:

Here's a black background, showing the messy string and some stitches that I recolored.


You can also use this same technique if you want to recolor some elements.  Following the same directions above, let's play with the color of this flower.  

Follow all of the steps above, but when you get to the HUE/SATURATION - click on MASTER:


 A choose color menu will drop down.  I chose blue:


 Then click on COLORIZE:


 Play with all three of the sliders until you get the color you want.  Here's my final blue flower.


Thanks for letting me into your scrapping lives and I hope you've learned a couple of things from my tutorial.  Stay tuned for Part 2 of the Art of Recoloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment