Tuesday 21 June 2022

HYBRID | HOME DECORATION

 


A couple of months ago, I found a piece of wood while taking a walk. I took it back home, because it inspired me and I wanted to make something with it. I knew that sooner or later I would come up with an idea and I did!!!!
I used it as a background and frame for some photos of my children.

Let me show you what I am talking about.

The first step was to darken the wood, to remove splinters and facilitate the gluing of the different papers and elements.


Once the surface was prepped I glued a piece of red paper (elements and papers used are from Room With A View) with double sided tape


I added two elements and my first photo (the yellow tag is from a kit that is now retired)


I carried on decorating the wood by adding a leaf and a poppy.


I glued the second photo with a leaf and an ampersand sticker. I glued only the left part of the photo, to be able to slide elements under the photo.


 I completed the cluster with another yellow tag.

I added a last paper element : a piece of tape with black hearts

For a finishing touch I added a black string and a black pin


My hybrid home decoration is done !

I hung it on the wall.


As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made and don't forget to enjoy this wintertim

No comments:

Post a Comment