Tuesday 17 May 2022

HYBRID | 3D PAPER FRAME

 

I am filling in for our hybrid hero Géraldine this month and I am going to be making a super fun and super easy hybrid 3D paper frame. I found this tutorial on the paper shape website a little while ago and my hands have been itching to give this cute project a go so.... here we go.

I started with a piece of white cardstock that I printed front and back with paper 2A and 8A from my recently released Botanica Collection. After both sides were printed I ran the paper through the printer once more to print the 7,5 x 10 cm template provided on the paper shape website over one of the patterns.



 Here's the tools I used. A cutting matte, metal ruler, hobby knife and scoring pen.

Now this is where the fun really starts. I cut the template out of the paper and ran over all indicated dotted lines (fold lines) with a scoring pen for easy folding.


Then I started folding all the flaps except for the right one because that's the side I used for sliding in my photo.


Then I measured the space for my photo and printed it along with a dymo and a flower also form the Botanica collection.

Once that embellished photo was in place I folded in that last part.

And that's it!!!

Here's what it looks like on a plank in our cloak room.



 
For the template and instruction video hop on over to the paper shape site. You 'll find them HERE at the very bottom of the page.

As always we hope you enjoyed the post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below!


2 comments:

  1. very fun Mirjam!! I think I'll try that tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what you make Robin <3

      Delete