Tuesday 2 March 2021

TUTORIAL | REPLACING TITLE ON JOURNAL CARD

  

I recently created this layout documenting my top 10 books of 2020 using Listed, the newest release from Pink Reptile Designs. 

I wanted to use one of the templates included in this collection and loved the journaling card and book elements included in one of the templates.


I wanted to replace the title on the included journaling card "All Time Faves"  with the wording from this stamp in the element pack.

 
To do this, I first began to work on erasing the title from the journal card. I selected the off white background color and brushed over the title using that as the foreground color with a hard round brush at 100% opacity.


Then I brought this individual element into Photoshop and made a duplicate copy so I wouldn't make changes to the original element. I then used the magic wand tool to select each letter, holding down the shift key and clicking inside the letters.


I used the move tool to move these selected letters onto the journal card on the template. I then resized and rotated it to place it exactly where I wanted it on the journal card.


I filled in the journal card with the titles of my top ten books of this year.


After completing the layout, I came back to this title and recolored it from light pink to red to help it to stand out more on the layout.


 This technique of replacing a title on an element with another comes in quite handy!! It's also a great way to enhance your stash and use your elements creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment