Tuesday 17 November 2020

HYBRID | ADVENT CALENDAR

 

Every year in November, I present you with an advent calendar. This month is not an exception.
This year I created a calendar with small paper envelopes and wooden clothes pins.

I made 24small envelopes from printed papers all coming from kits created by Pink Reptile Designs. I used papers that I already had printed for other projects and that were in my stock. No need to print new ones right? I chose a palette of colours: green, red, yellow, light pink and light blue.

I made the envelopes and decorated them with December Dailies. I SO love these! They are perfect for making an advent calendar.

 

 First I created envelopes.

 

 Blue: Silent Night, Red: No Probllama, Green: So Here's The Story, White: Silent Night)


Then, I decorated each of them. Here's some examples.

For the number 1, I used black and white string. I create a bow then glued n°1 from the December Dailies


For the number 7, I also used black and white string 


Then I glued on n°7 from the December Dailies

 

And here's 2 more examples


I arranged all envelopes on my table to visualize the global pattern 


To finalize my advent calendar, I put the wool string through all the wooden pin holes



And finally I pinned the envelope strips to the wall with the strings and created a christmas tree pattern 


And my advent calendar is done! Now I cannot wait for December to arrive!

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment