Tuesday 20 December 2016

HYBRID | CELL PHONE DOCK


A few months ago I found this great inspiration for a new hybrid project on Pinterest and last week I finally had a bit of time tosit down and make it. It's a personalized hybrid cell phone dock and I am hoping you might just have enough time to make this super fun Christmas gift. Otherwise it will make a great Birthday gift!


I cut my box out of some very heavy cardstock. I took the size of my cell phone to adjust my box to its dimensions before I drew and cut it.


The small square that I drew and cut out is the opening that you will need to hang the box over a plug socket. It's important that you measure the socket so you know the dock will fit.


The next step is decorating! I used a paper from Drawn To You Papers to cover my cardstock and kept an overlap of 3/4 of an inch all around and covered the cardstock.
I also cut a square from this paper and made it an 3/4 of an inch smaller then the square in the cardstock so I was able to to cut the corners and fold the paper neatly to the back.

The front


The back


I adhered the paper with double sided tape.


Now the front looks like this.


At this point I started constructing the box. I folded all parts and used double sided tape again to put it together.


I covered the rest of the box with a blue paper a paper from Drawn To You Papers and stuck it on the flip side of the tape.



Now the whole box is covered with neat blue papers.


This is the time for finishing touches! I decorated my box with elements from If Only Elements  and Papers and some paper scrapbooking supplies [leaves, tag and arrows stamps].



And this is what my box looks like hanging from the plug socket.


My phone is placed inside the box and it is put away while it's charging.


As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! Love this idea!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so happy you like it Johanna! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete