Tuesday 3 March 2015

CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT | ZINZILAH [OLGA]

Today's Customer Spotlight is on Olga aka Zinzilah. Join us as we get to know a bit more about her and her scrapping style.







  Name: Olga

  Alias: zinzilah after my favourite
  childhood cartoon character who
  worked hard (in a mine) and looked
  rough but was a real softie on the
  inside, who dreamed of holidays,
  outdoors and family.

  Country: Switzerland [though I have a
  Russian-British family]

Favorite PRD Kit or Product?
My favourites are always the collabs: Rain or Shine, Boho Bliss, and Homegrown (possibly just because of the bigger size so you can play longer), if I were to choose pure PRD product, it would have to be a toss between Growing Pains | Elements and More Than Words | Elements. Did I mention I have a problem when it comes to choice making?! Well, I do. Especially choices like should I go tidy up the house, or shall I scrap, how about a hybrid of both, I will scrap about how I need to tidy up, oh, look, PRD has a perfect Cleaning Bug | Elements for it.

How long have you been scrapping?
Since we moved from UK to Switzerland which means just over 10 years. Woo-hoo! I found it so strange to find myself in a new place with new language and no friends plus no creative output, as there were no DIY shops of any sort available in our area at all!!! Like creativity was not encouraged or allowed. So I had to do something, and short of weaving my own cloth, or making my own yarns to crochet with, I went wholeheartedly into digital scrapbooking, so grateful to the move for having discovered my passion, that is now being passed on to my daughters.

What is your go to product? Something that seems to find it’s way on many of your pages?[stitches, tags, patterned papers, doodles, paint, etc]
Something that seems to find it’s way on many of your pages? (stitches, tags, patterned papers, doodles, paint, etc) - Stitches and thread, I love attaching elements with them, framing my pictures, just adding mess to the page. And I am so glad Mirjam is right there with me feeding my addiction, have you seen her Stunning Stitches no.4 ? To die for.

What would your dream kit be, if you could have any kit created for you?
Well, and I only say that because if anyone could do that, Mirjam could, and I have never seen one on the market, it would be something I could scrap my numerous pictures of Switzerland with. You'd call it Sound of Music or something like it, if it is copyright protected, then Edelweiss. So it would be the colours of spring grass and blue skies with white clouds fluffy and light, with lots of wild flowers (edelweiss is a must, plus assorted blooms) and a little white goat element like in Heidi, and maybe two marmots, those little skunks in More than words make me think Mirjam is the right girl to ask to design the kissing marmots, big and small like mamma and a baby, so that you could use it for more than just Swiss pages, but then, it has to have tiny elements in red, maybe a sprinkle or two with the button of a white cross in the red, like our flag, you know. And then the rolling hills, the sprigs of green, stitches going up and down like mountains, I can go on forever, it will be a big kit! :)

Best scrapbooking trick you learned.
Don't be intimidated by somebody else's greatness. I used to look at the beautiful pages saying to myself I couldn't possibly do that. That is a counterproductive position, instead look around, be curious, find things you like, store them in a folder, notebook, pinterest board, whatever, and then find how to do that, learn new techniques, read tutorials, try to recreate the look and add your own touches and keep at it until you are happy with the result.

Random facts that we might not know about you?
1.When I was 8 I sang as a soloist in front of Brezhnev with the choir (he slept through it).
2. My literary work that I wrote back at the University is stored in the Lenin Library in Moscow. The theme of the thesis was Classification of the folk tales of the British Isles (I had to read over 70 books to write it).
3. I overuse brackets, and can't stick to the subject, because my mind is not linear or logical, it's like a tree with lots and lots of branches.
4. I prefer being on my own or with my family to any crowd anywhere any time.
5. I love listening to audiobooks and music whatever else I am doing around the house or on computer.

Here are two gorgeous pages created by Olga:

MOC 27 Sketch

You-nique


Wow, I am so impressed to learn that you have literary work from University stored in the Lenin Library. That is just amazing! You must have a lot of tales to share with your daughters at bedtime?

And hearing your journey into digital scrapbooking is such an interesting story too. Maybe that is why it is popular all over the world? One only needs software and a computer to create ... no DIY shops necessary.
Speaking of digital scrapbooking ... I think the Edelweiss kit idea is a lovely one. Your description has actually painted a perfect picture of it in my head and let me just say, my mind likes what it sees!

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pages with us and giving us the opportunity to get to know you a little bit better! I hope you enjoy your coupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment