Monday 9 January 2012

pink lady spotlight: meet Chantal

I have another Pink Lady that I would like you to know a little better. She has a great sense of humor and I love her retro style, here she is:

Meet Pink Lady Chantal
1. How and when did you start digital scrapbooking?
I started digital scrapbooking soon after I had given birth to my daughter Meagan. She was hooked to me therefore I was cooped up in the house 24/7 and I needed a distraction. I do remember, since money was tight, that I would go on blogs and grab freebies and would work with those. My first layouts were atrocious and I still wince on the rare occasions I open one up in Photoshop but I smile when I think about how far I've come along with my scrapping. I still love it to pieces and cannot see myself leaving it behind.

2. How and when did you end up in a CT/ CT’s
I applied a few years back to some CT's but I unfortunately my application was declined. This only fuelled the fire and I worked hard on improving my skills. Shadowing was a big problem area for me. My first CT was The Tattered Pear and then everything snowballed from there and I am now also scrapping for Lauren Reid, Honey Designs, Allison Pennington, Emily Merritt, Valorie Wibbens and of course Mizz Pink Reptile Designs (laughs). As you can imagine, I don't have a lot of free time and I'm pretty much stretched to the max as it is CT wise but sometimes I find the time to create a few LO's for other known designers and helped out Lauren Reid for her One Story Down blog a few times too. I am so passionate about scrapping, I cannot stop!

3. How long have you been on my CT?
I first met you (Mirjam) during my short stay at Zig Zag Scraps and I found you to be absolutely amazing and
fun. A few months latter, I received an email with an offer I couldn't refuse. I've been on the team since
August 2011.

4. What software do you use? What type of camera?
I currently use Photoshop CS4 but when I first started, I was using Photoshop Elements. As for the
camera, this summer, I treated myself to a Nikon D90 with a 50mm 1.8 lens.

5. How would you describe your style?
My style is simple with lots of white space but I LOVE pattern and bold coloured papers. Journaling used
to intimidate me but I can now add a few paragraphs or phrases no problem!

credits:
Bloopers by Studio 68 and Pink Reptile Designs


 6. What is your favourite scrapbooking item, something you turn too again and again?
Tape…or wash tape if it comes in digital format. I am so insanely obsessed with this…it's perhaps
bordering on unhealthy.

credits:
Wanderlust Pink Reptile Designs

7. What is your favourite Pink Reptile product and why?
Doctor Doctor with Jenn Barrette. I just LOVE the papers and those doodled elements are too cute!


8. Just for fun… tell us all about a quirky habit of yours!
If I misspell in a text, I will retype the corrected word with an asterisk at the end…I never miss one! It
makes my partner laugh for sure.

9. Name 5 things that you can touch RIGHT NOW from where you are sitting, no cheating!
My debit card, World War Z book by Max Brooks (definitely not my read), my can of Coke (bad habit!),
my purple Prada glasses…love em' and my IPhone 4 (it's always close by).

10. Silliest thing you have ever done…
Not too long ago, I went to the drive thru at our local coffee shop and ordered a sandwich and asked them
for sour mustard instead of honey mustard..honestly at the time, the name completely eluded me. Boy oh
boy did the server EVER laugh at me.

11. Can you give us a tip on digital scrapbooking?
In my opinion, shadowing makes or breaks a layout. I spend a lot of time tweaking them and I've even
established/wrote down element or paper shadows I've done so that next time I can easily modify the
numbers on each of my layouts. I tend to make the shadow a layer and I sometimes duplicate it for the
same element if need be.

Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself Chantal, for braving it in the spotlight and giving us a chance to getting to know you!

1 comment:

  1. It was so great learning more about Chantal! She is one talented lady. The BEST part of the interview was def. the sour mustard story...LOL! It totally made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete