Wednesday 22 April 2020

HYBRID | CANVAS


I've been working from home and staying at home for four weeks now due to the corona pandemic. It's a scary situation but it's has a silver lining.....I have more time to scrap.
For several months now, I've been wanting to create a mixed-media-style canvas. And guess what.....:)

This is how I made it:
I painted a white layer on the canvas.


With the paint still fresh and wet I added piece of papers. The paint made them stick to the canvas and I painted over one of the strips to soften the pattern.


I used my two favorite papers (green paper from Sprung and white paper from Forget Me Not)
I used an alphabet mask to create embossed letter.



To finish the background, I added some green drops of watercolor paint.


I waited until my canvas was dry to start decorating.
I built my canvas, layer after layer. I created a cluster of several elements
I cut flowers from the pattern paper (Forget Me Not) and I glued them on the canva.


I stuck a tag on there that I retrieved from a piece of clothing I bought.


I added a green tag (No Probllama) and a black tape (Room With Wiew). I finished the cluster with another flower branch (Forget Me Not).



Then, I decorated the rest of the canvas with two more clusters.
I show you the details for one of them.


Green tag from Sprung, and the bookprint tape from Love You Berry Much.
I cut more flowers from the Forget Me Not paper :


I finished the cluster with a small tag and a black and white button (Room With A View)



And this is the final result hanging on the wall of my living room.


As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

2 comments: