Tuesday 21 May 2019

HYBRID | TOOTH BOX


Hi everyone! It's GĂ©raldine with another fun hybrid post. My daughter is turning 8 next Saturday. She is a beautiful young lady with a few teeth missing since she started changing teeth. Such a defining moment in time right? I decided to create a box for her where we can safekeep them.

To make the box I cut a rectangle from cardstock of a cereal package.

May 2019 Blog Calendar  118

I glued a blue paper (printed from Farm Fresh) to cover one side of my box. It will be the inside.
then I cut the cardboard to the shape of my box.

May 2019 Blog Calendar  218

May 2019 Blog Calendar  318

Then I folded the box :

May 2019 Blog Calendar  419

Once that was done I created the cover of my box. I cut a rectangle from the same recycled cereal box cardstock and I covered it with the x-es paper from Pure & Simple.

May 2019 Blog Calendar  517

May 2019 Blog Calendar  617

Before I glued the cover to my box, I attached two strings to create a way to close the box.

May 2019 Blog Calendar  816

May 2019 Blog Calendar  916

May 2019 Blog Calendar  1016

Then I glued the box to the cover.

May 2019 Blog Calendar  1114

I covered the front of the cover with the same blue paper (from Farm Fresh), and I decorated it with some leaves cut from a Drawn To You paper.

May 2019 Blog Calendar  1214

As a finishing touch I added a star element from Say Cheese | Elements and a little tooth that I handcut from white paper.

May 2019 Blog Calendar  1314

And this is what the finished box looks like.

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment