Tuesday 24 January 2017

HYBRID | DOLL HOUSE


My daughter wanted a barbie doll house for Christmas.

I decided to build one myself and to decorate it with Pink Reptile Designs products.
It was a big project. I began in october and I finished it few days before Christmas. I build everything step by step, secretly. It had to be a surprise of course!

In this post I want to share some of the details with you and explain how I made what I made but not for all the rooms that I created.


CREATING A HYBRID DOLL HOUSE FOR BARBIE

Before I start going into details I want to share with you that I built the house with foam board. The house size is approx. 120 cm high and 80 cm wide.

BATHROOM

I printed two papers for decorating the bathroom from Pink Reptile's Spring Flutter Pack.
I glued these on the flooring and walls to create a kind of tiles.


I created a shower and a sink cabinet from foam cardstock to complete the bathroom.
I glued the same paper on shower.


I added a metal wire to create a rod for the shower curtain. The actual curtain is made from a piece of fabric that I sewed over the rod.


The sink cabinet.


The wash basin is a plastic bottle cap.


I covered the top of the sink cabinet and a shelf with papers from Forget Me Not.
And that is it. The bathroom is done and looks like this:


THE BEDROOM

I did a bed for one barbie doll.
I used foam board and I glued on pink paper from the Hooked Paper pack.


And I put the bed inside the bedroom for which I used papers  from Pop Papers as wall paper.



You can see that the bedroom is connected to a little patio that you can reach through the door on the left.
Yes, Barbie has a patio ! :)

I printed a grass pattern and I glued in on a foam board slab to create a garden. Then I built a white picket fence around it to enclose the garden.
I cut small pieces of foam board:



And I glued them like this :


This is the garden with the fence.


To finished, I added a bird cage in wood that I bought in a kraft store:


And this is the finished doll house. My daughter loves it!


Of course I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment