Tuesday 20 September 2016

HYBRID | PERSONALIZED PATTERN BOOK


Hi everyone! As you probably know by now I'm a true scrapbooking addict but apart from scrapping there are more creative things that I love to spend my free time on. You see I also love to sew and I have found many great sewing patterns on Pinterest. Actually I have found so many that I really needed a good storage place.
I bought a white file folder and decided to personalize it to fit my needs with Pink Reptile's Hooked elements, alpha and papers [plus a few things from the retired Handmade With Love collab kit] because they were  just perfect for what I had it mind.


Here's what I did. Step by Step.
First I created my cover plus 3 dividers in photoshop

cover
1st divider
2nd divider
and 3rd divider
After printing I glued my cover page to the file folder.
Like so.
Then I glued my divider pages on piecse of kraft paper to make them more sturdy.
I separated the divider and the tab to create a real divider page...
and did the same thing with the second and third divider.


Then I cut away the kraft paper alongside the tab.
This is what my finished dividers look like.
Lastly I punched holes in the dividers and put them in my folder along with a bunch of transparent pocket pages to hold my patterns.
And this is what the inside of my finished personalized pattern folder looks like!

And if you are currious about my sewing projects...here's a few examples of my latest creations.

I made a dress and a jacket for my daughter's dolls.
My kids love to play dress up, so I made them some costumes. A pirate jacket for my son :
and a super girl costume for my daughter with a red cloak and a glitter red tut. The tutu is a no sew tutu, it's very easy to make and the result is awesome. One of many awesome examples from Pinterest!

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment