Tuesday 19 January 2016

HYBRID | CARD IN A BOX

For this month I decided to make a card in a box. It's kind of a pop-up card, very easy to make and tons of fun to make, give and receive!

 For this project I used Pink Reptile Limitless Elements and Papers.


As always I started of printing my papers and elements
For this project I also used scissors, 3D self adhesive foam, a plastic sheet, white cardstock, a glue stick and double-sided tape


STEP 1. 
This first step is the creation of the box. For this I used a cardstock sheet in A4 format that I folded as shown below. I cut 0.5 cm from the bottom and top side of my paper [I have to do this, so I can use printed paper on A4 format]



STEP 2.
 I cut several pieces of paper to decorate my box:
  • 1 pattern paper strip = 7 by 21 cm
  • 3 rectangles in yellow paper = 7 by 10 cm
  • 2 rectangles for covers of box = 14 by 21 cm
  • 2 rectangles in white cardstock to create dividers for inside box = 8 by 4 cm
All elements inside the box are going to be attached to these papers.


STEP 3.
I glued the papers pieces on my card template.
Be careful that you glue those papers in the right place! I chose a yellow pattern paper for those pieces of the box that are on the inside coming out when you open the box. It's important to keep that in mind!




STEP 4.
Create the box by folding it together and glueing the little strip to the cardstock.


STEP 5.
I added the two dividers inside the box.



STEP 6.
And then it's time to decorate inside the box! My favorite part!
All elements are glued on the 2 dividers.


I used my dies and my cuttlebug to cut leave patterns grom the green papers that I printed from the Limitless kit.



Elements are stuck on the same divider as the leaves. I am using foam behind them though, making them stick out more then the leaves that are directly glued to the divider. This creates a great sense of depth.

I added the word limitless inside my box.


For this I used double-sided tape on a plastic strip. The word limitless seems to be floating in the air that way.

Little by little, element after element, the box is filling up beautifully:


View from the side :


STEP 7.
After the inside was finished I made covers for the outside if the box, which is in effect the front of my card. To be able to glue those on the box I am flattening the box.



STEP 8.
Then I decorated the front cover with several elements :


And voilá my card in the box is finished !



As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

For more inspiration on cards in a box you can have a look HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment