Alias [how you are known in digiland]: grrfluudy
Country: United States
Favorite PRD Kit or Product:
That is too hard to answer!! I love so many!! Seriously, Mirjam's kits are amazing and I have a ton of her products! I looked through my LO's, and almost all of them have at least something from her designs!!
I find myself using these again and again:
How long have you been scrapping?
Digitally since 2010, Actually I started the weekend of May iNSD! How crazy is that?! I was in paradise with all the blog trains and parties! My head was spinning!! I've been scrapping paperly (shhh it's a word -- well, it is now) since 2004. I still have tons of paper supplies and though I don't make traditonal scrapbook pages with them I still make memory pages. I just do it in a more Smash Book style, except I do them in my art journals - with lots of collage.
What is your go to product? Something that seems to find it’s way on many of your pages? (stitches, tags, patterned papers, doodles, paint, etc)
I absolutely LOVE Mirjam's resin flowers, sequins & the star/heart beads. Also anything she embroiders or crochets!! I won some actual neon flowers that she crocheted and they are so awesome! It took me forever to actually make a project that I deemed worthy of them. I was so excited to get them!! *whispers* I still have some, I need to find the next worthy project. :)
What would your dream kit be, if you could have any kit created for you?
I would love one that has the theme of Sci Fi TV & Movies Classic & Current, (Red Dwarf, Firefly, Star Trek The Next Generation, etc.), Neil Gaiman Comics (Sandman, etc.), Classic & Current Horror (but not gross) TV Show & Movies, (Supernatural, Cabin in The Woods, Buffy, etc.) It would be a really big kit!! With crocheted and embroidered ellies and epoxy flowers and sequins, of course!
Best scrapbooking trick you learned.
Don't be afraid to be yourself. It may take a while to find your style, but let it shine! You don't have to scrap like everyone else. I used to try desperately to scrap LO's with big, beautifully shadowed clusters and in the exact style of the layouts I saw, but it was frustrating because I wasn't able to do it. My efforts paled in comparison. It just wasn't me. Then I learned how to Art Journal, which was very freeing. I did Art Journal digi layouts almost exclusively for a couple of years, but now I have found an integrated style for regular layouts, that I love.
5 Random facts about you, that we might not know about you?
1. I met my true love, Gayle, at 43. I had completely stopped looking. He had too. It was a totally amazing unexpected surprise.
2. I never liked dogs. I was always afraid of them. I was a total cat person, until I met my furry nephew, Taran (the pug) when he was a puppy back in 2006. Now I am absolutely crazy about him, and a dogs!
3. I started drawing abstracts in 2004, when I was bored at work. I used a black ballpoint to make a stained-glass like frame and then colored the spaces in with colored ballpoints. I loved making them, so I started drawing them all the time, but using gel pens instead. It wasn't until 2013-ish that I started trying to draw people & things. I still practice drawing everyday. I still love to make abstracts, too.
4. I love really bad puns. The more groan-worthy the better. --Oooh a pun kit would be really fun, too!
5. My hair isn't naturally blue. ;)
And here are a few of Johanna's favorite pages:
Wow! I love the photos you've chosen to share with us! Your style really shines and I think that is an awesome tip for the scrapping community to stay true to your style and create pages that make you happy! The "No Zombies and Sealions?" page is just hysterical. I honestly love it when scrappers add their sense of humor to their work. And I just love hearing that you became a digiscrapper on DSD! Too too cool! :) Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself with all of us. It was so great to get to know you a little better Johanna, and I hope you enjoy your PRD coupon!