Tuesday 1 December 2015

PINK LADY SPOTLIGHT | ELLEN


Name: Ellen Tucker  [EllenT]
Country: USA
Favourite colour: Blue
Favourite food: anything with cream cheese icing
Describe you in one word: artsy

1. How and when did you start digital scrapbooking?
When my son was in the 2nd grade (he is now 24), I became the Historian for the PTA.  I kept that job for 12 years and was mostly a hybrid scrapper.  When my son started high school, I went to a totally digital format and have done nothing else since.

2. How and when did you end up in a CT/CTs?
When my son graduated, I taught myself how to use PS4.  I began uploading my pages into galleries and then 9th&Bloom had a CT call, I applied and made the team!  Unfortunately,the shop closed within 2 months!  I think I’m jinxed, because the 2 other shops that I CTed for also closed.  One of those shops was Zig Zag Scrap where I met you, Mirjam. 

3. How long have you been on my CT?
I have been a Pink Lady for three years now.

4. What software do you use? What type of camera do you have?
I now use PS6.  I have a Panasonic Lumix but I mostly use my LG G3 smartphone.

5. How would you describe your style?
I love to cluster flowers and other elements.  I like to add paint splatters for an artsy feel.

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=200944&title=newport-aquarium&cat=844
Newport Aquarium

6. What is your favourite scrapbooking item, something that you turn to again and again?
I always need some flowers, along with fasteners like buttons, brads, ties and stitches.

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=216219&title=days-like-this&cat=844
Days Like This

7. What is your favourite Pink Reptile Product and why? Can you please provide and example page (with mostly PRD products)?
I just love the kit “Sing Like Nobody Is Listening”.  The colors are so bright and there are so many elements, it is perfect for my style of scrapping.

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=207253&title=sing&cat=844
 Sing

8. Just for fun …tell us all about a quirky habit of yours!
I just love taking goofy selfies of myself.  I even got a bluetooth camera remote for my birthday!

9. Name 5 things that you can touch RIGHT NOW from where you are sitting, no cheating!
Water, smartphone, Werther’s Caramels, hand lotion, & remote for TV

10. Silliest thing you have ever done …
I really can’t think of anything.

11. Can you give us a tip on digital scrapbooking?
When adding shadows to a white object, let’s say a bow, and the background is also  white, I like to add a second shadow.  First add a shadow to the bow and then create a new layer for it.  I then warp that shadow layer.  Now go back to the bow again and add a very slight shadow to it and change the angle degree so the bow will show up better.

Thanks so much for sharing a little bit about yourself with all of us Ellen! It was super fun to get to know you a little better. A camera remote is such a great way to make sure we, scrappers, really do get into our pages! I love that idea! And I have never heard of anyone doing a special 2nd shadow like that for white objects. I am intrigued and will be looking more closely at your pages (with white objects!) and give it a go myself! What an awesome tip!
Thanks for hanging out with us Ellen!

No comments:

Post a Comment