Name: Ellen Tucker [EllenT]
Favourite colour: Blue
Favourite food: anything with cream cheese icing
Describe you in one word: artsy
1. How and when did you start digital scrapbooking?
When my son was in the 2nd grade (he is now 24), I became the Historian for the PTA. I kept that job for 12 years and was mostly a hybrid scrapper. When my son started high school, I went to a totally digital format and have done nothing else since.
2. How and when did you end up in a CT/CTs?
When my son graduated, I taught myself how to use PS4. I began uploading my pages into galleries and then 9th&Bloom had a CT call, I applied and made the team! Unfortunately,the shop closed within 2 months! I think I’m jinxed, because the 2 other shops that I CTed for also closed. One of those shops was Zig Zag Scrap where I met you, Mirjam.
3. How long have you been on my CT?
I have been a Pink Lady for three years now.
4. What software do you use? What type of camera do you have?
I now use PS6. I have a Panasonic Lumix but I mostly use my LG G3 smartphone.
5. How would you describe your style?
I love to cluster flowers and other elements. I like to add paint splatters for an artsy feel.
6. What is your favourite scrapbooking item, something that you turn to again and again?
I always need some flowers, along with fasteners like buttons, brads, ties and stitches.
7. What is your favourite Pink Reptile Product and why? Can you please provide and example page (with mostly PRD products)?
I just love the kit “Sing Like Nobody Is Listening”. The colors are so bright and there are so many elements, it is perfect for my style of scrapping.
8. Just for fun …tell us all about a quirky habit of yours!
I just love taking goofy selfies of myself. I even got a bluetooth camera remote for my birthday!
9. Name 5 things that you can touch RIGHT NOW from where you are sitting, no cheating!
Water, smartphone, Werther’s Caramels, hand lotion, & remote for TV
10. Silliest thing you have ever done …
I really can’t think of anything.
11. Can you give us a tip on digital scrapbooking?
When adding shadows to a white object, let’s say a bow, and the background is also white, I like to add a second shadow. First add a shadow to the bow and then create a new layer for it. I then warp that shadow layer. Now go back to the bow again and add a very slight shadow to it and change the angle degree so the bow will show up better.
Thanks so much for sharing a little bit about yourself with all of us Ellen! It was super fun to get to know you a little better. A camera remote is such a great way to make sure we, scrappers, really do get into our pages! I love that idea! And I have never heard of anyone doing a special 2nd shadow like that for white objects. I am intrigued and will be looking more closely at your pages (with white objects!) and give it a go myself! What an awesome tip!
Thanks for hanging out with us Ellen!