Tuesday 18 August 2015

MARVELOUS HYBRID VACATION MINI ALBUM


Hello again! I just got back from a wonderful summer vacation. I hope you had a great one too and that you have tons of fun photos that need scrapping because in this edition of Hybrid Gems I want to inspire you to make a cute mini album with those summer pics!


Digital products used:
Pink Reptile's All Eyes On Me Elements and Papers, O Sole Mio Elements and Summer Talk Wordarts.

For my album I used photo's of a wonderful day at the lake with my family.
On each left side of my album I put a big photo and on the right side an embellished page thus creating a certain rhythm making it easy on the eye.

The first thing I did was make the embellished pages in Photoshop. Here are some examples:





I cut 3 rectangles of white cardstock that I folded in 3 pieces each to create an accordion. I glued the first piece to the second and the second to the third obtaining one long accordion forming the base of my album.


Then I printed all of my digital embellished pages twice so I could cut out some of the embellishments.


I stuck one of the pages on the right side of my album and cut the butterfly out of the second page.


Then I added some white wire on the page, added 3D foam to the back of the cut out butterfly and stuck that on top of the wire like this:



To finish the 'double page' I added my photo to the left side of the page.


I followed the same process for each page of my album: cutting one element from  a printed page and sticking it on the right page with 3D foam.

I created two covers for my album.
I cut two pieces of cardstock. I covered them with a printed paper (from All Eyes On You).
On the back side of the cover cardstock I glued another paper covering the cardstock completely and also added some embellishments and a title.

And this is what it all looks like:

front cover

filler pages






back cover

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment