Tuesday 17 February 2015

ROCKING YEAR IN REVIEW ALBUM

Hello fellow scrappers! In this edition of hybrid scrapping I want to show you this album that I recently made. It's a year in review album in which I documented the highlights of 2014.

I decided to give the album a pocket page design, like a Project Life album.
I made a layout per month in Photoshop. Each page is a mix of photos, papers and journaling cards. To give my pages that extra little oomph I added a few embellishments here and there and to create a cohesive look I used the same name of the month stickers from Year In Year Out on every page.

Here are some of the pages I made, still in their digital [jpg] format.

Once I finished my 12 pages, one for every month,  I printed all of them plus the front and back covers [grey paper] and 2 orange papers for the inside of the cover.


I cut each square page and glued them to cardstock paper to strengthen my  album and give it a bit more body. Of course there's many more ways to join your pages and put your album together. Have a peek at this Pinterest board for some awesome inspiration!

Now let me show you my final result.

Here's the front cover :

Products used: Tadah Papers, Year In Year Out Elements, Silly Collab, Dog Eared Alpha, True To Yourself Kit,

The inner pages:

JANUARY
Products used: Lucky in Love: elements & papers, Labels & Tags, A Slice Of Lemon: elements

FEBRUARY & MARCH
Products used:  Labels & Tags, About: elements, Don't Stop The Music: elements, Simple Things: elements & papers

APRIL & MAY
Products used: Labels & Tags, True To Yourself Kit: papers, What a Wonderful Day: elements & papers

JUNE & JULY
Products used: About: elements,  A Slice Of Lemon: elements, Gone To The Beach: journaling card

AUGUST & SEPTEMBER
Products used: A Slice Of Lemon: elements, Labels & Tags, About: elements, Heimili: elements, Homegrown: elements, Summer Talk: wordart

OCTOBER & NOVEMBER
Products used: Forget Me Not: papers, Wrap'n Roll: elements

DECEMBER
Products used : Counting the Days: elements & journaling card

As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

2 comments: