Tuesday 3 February 2015

PINK LADY SPOTLIGHT | NATASCHA


Name: Natascha Broers

Country: The Netherlands

Favourite colour: Lime green and all sorts of lime green tones! I painted my livingroom wall lime green about 2,5 years ago [big shock back then] haha

Favourite food: That's a hard one, because I like almost everything...but if I had to say something then it would be Sushi and chinese food.

Describe you in one word: Another hard one...I'm an emotional person, but I go for fighter!

1. How and when did you start digital scrapbooking?
My boyfriend introduced me to Corel Paint Shop Pro, that was about 9,5 years ago. And I first started with those horrible [I liked them back then] tubes...you know those half naked woman yikes and then I came across Digishop talk. I started imitating people just for me to get to know the deal and not long after that I got my first “ct gig” with a Dutch Designer. I had to look, but I posted my first layout at August 20th 2009!! So this will be my 7th year and un-official my [almost] 10th year :)

2. How and when did you end up in a CT/ CT’s?
When, August 2009 and how...I think she [the Dutch Designer] approached me and not long after that I was on another team and another...haha I responded to calls and after a few years designers actually invited me to their teams.

3. How long have you been on my CT?
This year will be my forth year yay!! Call it neat or call it OCD I don't care LOL But I still got that e-mail where you asked me to become part of your team [oops] haha.. It was March 25th 2011.

4. What software do you use? What type of camera?
I work with Corel Paint Shop Pro version 12, I have 13 and 14, but 12 is my kind of program. I can't get used to other programs like Photoshop! I do have PSE 7, but only to rezise my pages hahaha.. And Camera? I've got a very old camera to be honest, but it's good enough for me now. It's a Lumix Panasonic DMC-FZ7. I got it from my parents so it's a sentimental thingy as well :)

5. How would you describe your style?
I don't have just one style! My scrapping thingy...see I can't even call it my style haha, is all over the place! Thinks thinks thinks...I like to cluster, but I also love patterned papers a lot, templates and ohh I love to journal on a page...is that a style? haha 

6. What is your favourite scrapbooking item, something you turn too again and again?
Do I need to name just one thing?? Ohh I can't!! Leaves, flowers, staples, papers...

7. What is your favourite Pink Reptile product and why?
I'm sorry, but I can't name just one!! I love and adore everything from the store...sorry nope I can't. I really can't name one kit...let just say one thing I always turn to are the leaves from Wanderlust. But yeah each kit, element and paper is unique...nope nothings comes to mind, all I see are flashes from every kit haha!

8. Just for fun… tell us all about a quirky habit of yours!
Quirky habit, uhhh the first thing I do in the morning when I wake up is go to the toilet...yup every freaking day and after that I need my coffee!! Hahaha Uhmm I also don't like it when people touch my desk, well they can touch it, but they can't clean it up or something like that...I will turn into a mad woman for sure!! Hahaha My boyfriend tried it twice and ohh boy.......... LOL

9. Name 5 things that you can touch RIGHT NOW from where you are sitting, no cheating!
My coffee cup, my camera, my dayplanner, my phone and some papers and a pen..

10. Silliest thing you have ever done…
Uhhh I really don't know...sing to my daughter? Yeah that IS silly cause I can't sing. I really sound like a cat when he's in heat hahahahahahahaha

11. Can you give us a tip on digital scrapbooking?
My tip has nothing to do with using papers, elements or anything like that! My tip is all about the journaling :) I journal a lot, not on everything...I think 90% of my pages contains some kind of journaling. Love to journal, because I easily forget stuff...I journal for my little lady so she will know what she has done in the past when she's all grown up. And it's for myself as well, cause my head is a sieve and this way I can always remember the story behind each and every picture! Ohh and put dates on your pages, it's always neat to know when you scrapped the page or when you took a picture :)

And here are some of Natascha's favourite pink reptile pages:

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=106508&title=oops&cat=844
Oops?!!

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=181209&title=all-about&cat=844
All About...

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=160668&title=home&cat=844
Home

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=156151&title=music-i-love&cat=844
Music I Love

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=146449&title=travel&cat=844
Travel

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=101976&title=play&cat=844
Play

Wow, you really have been digi scrapping for a long time and it's pretty interesting that you have newer versions of your software but your go-to is one of the older ones. Well, keep at it because your pages are amazing!

I have to agree about the singing, I can't sing at all either, but I'm sure your voice is magic to your daughter! And I love that your tip is journaling! So many people find this a difficult task, but making sure you journal some really does help tell the story, maybe not so much for you and the present, but for others in the future. Love that tip Natascha! But inquiring minds want to know ... is your living room still lime green? [I hope so, because it matches your vibrant personality and zest for life!]

Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself, Natascha. It was fun to get to know you a little better and I it's so super special to read that you kept the mail with my CT invitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment