Tuesday 10 June 2014

SAN'S FAVE SUMMER FONTS

 by Pink Lady San

Spring is near its end and summer is just around the corner. I just love this season; the sun, my girls playing in the garden, days at the beach, long summer nights sitting outside with friends reminiscing, doing things from our summer bucket list, go camping on our holiday, the smell of rain falling on the tiles after a warm day, wearing flip-flops and afcourse taking pictures to captured all those summer memories. I always take too many pictures, and then I am faced with the tough decision of which one I want to use for a page, but it’s also difficult to choose the perfect font to match my summer lay-out.

When making a page, you always can adjust your journaling and title to match the picture. As you can see by this page below. We were visiting an old castle from 11th century and for this layout I wanted a calligraphy font. I choose the Sachiko font, because it looks like handwritten and feminine. 

http://the-lilypad.com/store/It-s-a-Date-Collab.html

made with:
http://the-lilypad.com/store/It-s-a-Date-Collab.html

When you're scrapping a summer activity, you can choose a playful font. If you have a lot of journaling it will be cool to add a handwritten font that is similar to your own handwriting.

If you need inspiration, look through the galleries, see all those great pages and get some ideas. I always find some amazing journaling and fabulous titles with great fonts. You can always ask the maker which font they used, but you can also try and browse along the many free font sites. I often do this and I always browse longer than I planned and I end up downloading a gazillion pretty free fonts. To save you some time [and we always have too little hours in a day] here are my favorite summer fonts! They are all free to download!


I’ll hope you can make a lot of beautiful pages and capture all those summer memories!!

Have a great summer and Happy Scrappin'!!

1 comment:

  1. Great choices Sans.. will be downloading a few I do not have for sure :)

    Christa

    ReplyDelete