Tuesday 20 May 2014

PAINT ME A MINI HYBRID ALBUM



At the beginning of May we went on a little trip to Marseille; one of the biggest cities in France located at the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. It was that beautiful sea that inspired me to create a mini album of our wonderful getaway using watercolor paint in happy, bright colors to go with our pictures that I printed in black and white to get this beautiful contrast.

HOW I MADE MY ALBUM

PREPARATION
  • First I cut seven 6 x 12" pages from white [bazzil] cardstock that I folded in half so I ended up with fourteen 6 x 6" square pages to work on and then I stacked those so they formed a little booklet.
  • From the bottom page I made a cover. I first adhered kraft paper to it to make it more sturdy and then I decorated it with patterned paper [Forget Me Not] and added the 'fun city' tag from Wanderlust as my title. 
  • At this point I decided to put my photos on the left pages of my album and paint the right side with inks and watercolors.
  • Before printing my photos I first embellished them with a few wordarts and paint touches. Then I also printed and cut a few embellishments and papers from Pink Reptile products. 



PAINTING
 
Here's how I made my painted backgrounds:
  • Apply gesso or acrylic paint on each page you want to paint on
  • step 1. [picture] : spray ink on the page. Dry page with heat gun
  • step 2. [picture] : spray ink (same color or another hue) on a plastic sheet, then spray water to create watercolor
  • step 3. [picture] : apply plastic sheet on the paper page. The color will apply randomly. Dry page with heat gun
  • step 4. [picture] : Spray directly on the paper page another spray ink or water to create a watercolor effect. Dry the page with heat gun one more time

After these steps, I added embellisments and stamps to decorate my pages.


ALBUM




PRODUCTS USED
 
For this album I used the following Pink Reptile Products : Lucky In Love, About, Forget Me Not, Corked! Alpha, Wanderlust, What I Like About You.
The dies and stamps I used are from Kesi'art, stamps from Florilège designs and then I also used some black & white wire and a few wooden elements that I got at my local craft store.
The inks used are Glimmer Mist Inks from Tattered Angels [ink with glitter effect].

If I inspired you to try a bit of painting on your pages then I would love to hear and see what you made! If you are willing to share then by all means leave a comment and link to your project[s] in the comment section of this post!

Happy Scrappin'!

1 comment: