Sunday 3 June 2012

pink lady spotlight: meet Demetria


Do you ever wonder who all those fabulous, creative ladies are that make all those gorgeous layouts with my products? Would you like to know how they started scrapping, which elements they like best, what software they use and how they ended up in a CT?

Well I do. That is one of the reasons I started interviewing members from my CT: the Pink Ladies! Another reason is that I think they all deserve to have the spotlight pointed at them because they all ROCK!!!

This time we are zooming in on Demetria!

Meet Pink Lady Demetria
1. How and when did you start digital scrapbooking?
I begin digital scrapbooking in 2006 while looking for a background for a cd cover I was creating. From there I found different sites and forums and begin collecting freebies. Then one fateful day I entered into a Nancy Comelab number guessing giveaway for a handmade jewelry…. And guess what I WON!!! I promised to create a layout once the set was received and I did. You can see that layout here.
 
2. How and when did you end up in a CT/ CT’s
Wow… well, I believe I was asked onto a CT by Babette Robinson or Sharia Braxton, I can’t remember which was first but they both asked around the same time…. And I was nervous as all get out to be on a CT promoting products for someone.  I was unsure I would be good enough but they both were encouraging and I continued to add CTs until I went to massage school, I had to take a break, when I came back from my break, you were one of the first to accept me onto a CT… and here I am.
 
3. How long have you been on my CT?
I have been on your CT a year (more or less) and I have enjoyed every moment to create for such an amazing designer.

4. What software do you use? What type of camera?
I use Adobe Photoshop CS3 (on occasion) and PSE9/10.  My camera now is a Fujifilm Finepix S4080.  I dream of one day own my own Nikon or Canon DSLR.  I’m gonna take the big leap eventually!!!

5. How would you describe your style?  

I would describe my style as unique and eclectic.  I love a lot of styles and I attempt to incorporate my vision into my layouts.  I would love to mentor with a cluster queen or a junky artist.  I love that style but sometimes by mind just can grasp it… but one day I’m gonna get it!!!


6. What is your favourite scrapbooking item, something you turn too again and again?
I absolutely LOVE frames.  I don’t think there is a layout I’ve don’t that doesn’t have a frame in it.  I’ve try to do without but I always go back to them over and over.


7. What is your favourite Pink Reptile product and why?
I love Mirjam’s Noted kit.  I love it because it has so much versatility.  I used it to journal about my niece’s first band recital.  This kit has journal spots and papers that you can use to journal with… it can be used for all about me, your diary, your project life… and much much more.


Credits: Noted

8. Just for fun… tell us all about a quirky habit of yours!
I love to sing and dance while cooking!

9. Name 5 things that you can touch RIGHT NOW from where you are sitting, no cheating!
The pottery items given to me by the school I work for.
My Samsung Gallaxy Note
A Diet Dr. Pepper
Subway plastic bag (from my tuna sandwich lunch)
My windmere mini fan (can you tell I’m at work)

10. Silliest thing you have ever done…
At school my coworkers and I danced to Beyonce’s Girls Run the World.  I wore a blonde ombre wig… I must say I was cute, but it was so out of my usual style.  It was silly, but it was to support the WakeUp Project that I was helping at the time.  You can find out more about the Wakeup Project by going here.

Wow..there's a lot of stuff up there that I didn't know about you yet Demetria! Teeheee I love singing and dancing while cleaning we make a great duo! : Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself  and for braving it in the spotlight and giving us a chance to getting to know you!  

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED getting to know more about Demetria! I might even love to sing and dance while I cook, too. And sweets are oh, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview Demetria!!! It was wonderful to get to know you better! I would have loved to see that blond wig; ;) A scrap page maybe :D

    ReplyDelete