Tuesday 30 January 2018

PRETTY PAGES FROM THE PINK REPTILE GALLERY | by KAREN


Here's Pretty pages for this month - a treasure trove - I have chosen 4 - hope that is ok.

Hey Everybody! It has been such a big month with the MOC over at The Lilypad and a wonderful Template challenge here on the blog! So much to look at.
How is everyone going with the Month of Challenges? It is the height of summer here, school holidays mean I have little scrapping time so am resigned to the fact that I may never finish a MOC but I have completed a record number of pages this year (for me anyway) so all is good!
I have loved looking through the constantly changing gallery, so many new faces and pages to admire, in total awe of the many and varied talents that are popping up! Let’s have a look at a few that have caught my eye this month.

Scrumptious has taken the simple template from MOC day 20 and made a special page. I love that she has a light touch with her elements, highlighting her photos but not overwhelming them. The silhouette photo with the sun playing on the water on the right is such a strong image. Love it!
pink reptile designs

This page from Timbenmami caught my eye with the gorgeous pop of orange on a kraft background. Then I saw the photo – so funny and cool at the same time! The shadowing is wonderful, the vellum tag tucked away and the arrows all highlight a fun memory!
pink reptile designs

I’ve noticed a recurring favourite from Mirjam this month in the gallery – Baker’s Gonna Bake - a lot of people have used this fun kit to make their pages and this is one of the best – Heidi Nicole, her family and macaroons – what’s not to like there?  Again, it’s the little touches that make this page special – the cluster of a flower, string and the tiny measuring spoons is so cute as well as balancing the page so well. And the little sketch of the rolling pin being used as a date stamp, such a fine idea!
pink reptile designs

Finally, I could not go past this one from Pitiscrap – pared back to it’s absolute basics – it is a work of art – much like it’s subject… The monochromatic colour scheme and the fonts are just perfection. I wish I could do this but I do not have the willpower and I always have to add more…
pink reptile designs

Have a lovely month, have fun finishing off your MOC and don't forget to play along with our challenge for the month!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the pretty page pick! I am honored! That kit is so fun and I know I’ll use it again! ❤️ Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud to read what you wrote about my LO ! Thank You Karen, you made my day !

    ReplyDelete