Tuesday 11 October 2011

how about some serif fonts

I thought I'd share some more free fonts with you today! I told you I am a font lover! This time I'd like to share some of my favourite serif fonts. For those of you that don't know (yet), serifs are the angled, thick or thin swashes on letterforms as show in the image below.

source: www.gomediazine.com
Most people will find these type fonts easiest to read because they are the fonts we are most familiar with. Pick up a magazine, newspaper or a book and most likely you will find that they are set in a serif typeface. For this same reason, serifs will not draw too much attention on a layout plus they are timeless!

So here are a few of my favorite serif fonts that you will be able to find on the web for free!

Bodoni XT, Nilland, Playfair Display, Quattrocento Roman, Radley, RNS Camelia

Here are some layouts on which I used serif fonts:
font: Bell MT kit: Tricktionary

font: Iskoola Pota kit: Something Old

No comments:

Post a Comment